As written by Praverb, before his passing on September 17, 2014.
My website, Praverb.net, provides necessary content for the Do It Yourself Recording Artist. This website has undergone a lot of transformation since I started it in 2008. I originally wanted Praverb.net to be the main hub for everything Praverb related. I quickly found out that other people are heroes as well.
In 2011, I started promoting artists and music that I enjoyed. I spent countless hours researching new material and crafting blog posts in an effort to emulate the bigger sites.
I started reaching out to artists that I respected and started interviewing them:
In 2012, I found my blogging style, I also started to utilize my scholastic background (MBA and BA in Psychology) in regards to presenting thought out blog posts packed with research.
Copyblogger and Social Media Examiner were critical to my development as a blogger. I started taking things seriously and worked hard to put together great posts.
I began to examine the hip-hop blogs that posted my material and I thought it would be a great idea to compile a comprehensive list post aimed at educating up and coming artists.
This research gave birth to The Ultimate Hip-Hop Blog Directory.
I finally found my purpose and filled a void. Praverb.net evolved out of necessity.
In 2014, I am seeking to develop my blogging voice even more. I want to grow as a writer and document my journey as a musician. I would also like to complete my first book. Video blogging is coming.
I usually post one to two times a week.
I utilize the Disqus commenting system, so please leave comments. I read and reply to all of them. You can subscribe to my RSS feed to stay updated with my newest posts.
My Top Posts
Check out some of my most popular posts:
- The Ultimate Hip-Hop Blog Directory
- The Ultimate Online Radio Stations & Podcast Directory
- 39 Amazing Ways to Market Your Album in a Week or Less
Check out these guest posts that I have written for other sites:
- How To Live Your Dream without A Support System
- Dizzy Wright Leaves Fans Wanting More On 'State of Mind' EP
- The Hollywood Approach – How to Create a Successful Marketing Plan For Your Music
- 4 Ways to Jump Start Your Music Career
- 3 International Blogs You Need To Visit
- 18 Tips to Improve Your SoundCloud Page
- 10 Ways To Support Artists When You Are Broke
- The Art of Speedy Songwriting
- 5 Cost Effective Ways to Promote Your Single
- 10 Things You Need to Drop To Stay Motivated
I blog about my shortcomings as an indie artist. I view myself as a virtual mentor to countless artists, especially with the diminishing role of Artist and Development. I also share research driven blog posts, social media tips, music marketing tips and shortcuts.
My writing style is a mixture of transparency, curiosity and exploration. I write from the viewpoint of a struggling artist without connections.
My Contact Information